Monday, August 15, 2016

Loving Being a Missionary

August 15, 2016

HOLA fam bam!!  Como están?!  

Well, the truth is that Hermana Ahlmer and I had a very good (and warm) week here in Olavarrìa and we are loving life!  We are super exhausted at the end of every week but take a nice siesta on P-day, so it’s all good. :) 

We LOOOOVE empanadas...it was about time to teach my child how to make them! :)
Empanada CRAZY!

Sadly, this week nothing super interesting happened.  We contacted lots of new people and visited a bunch of members to ask for references, but were only able to teach a few lessons to our investigators because they were either too busy or they canceled our appointments. :(  But it’s all good.  Every day we keep finding new people…some that are super nice, great to talk to, and seem promising, and others that aren't so much those things; but little by little we are doing our best to help people learn of Jesus Christ and progress in their spiritual journey.  Above all, we keep working hard and are trying to have fun along the way. 

Speaking of having fun... are you ready to hear another classic "Megan moment"?  Soooo....we were out contacting one morning in a part of town I haven't been in much during my time in this area.  We were going from house to house, knocking on every door and we get to this house that's a little bigger and nicer than all the rest.  Right after I rang the doorbell, I hear my companion say, "ummm... Hermana...." with her finger pointing up.  I look up and see a sign that says "Bienvenida" [Welcome] and a huge stained glass window with a cross and realized that we had just rang the bell of the local Catholic Church.  :)  In that moment, I panicked a bit…not knowing what to do…so I did the only thing that came to mind - I quickly grabbed my companion’s arm and we tried our best not to look suspicious as we speedily walked away.  Can you believe it?  WE TOTALLY DOORBELL DITCHED A CATHOLIC CHURCH!! AHHHH!! :)  But don't worry, it was early in the morning and I don’t think there was even anyone inside.  Still, it was just such an adrenaline rush haha...whoops!!  Even though my comp died my hair a few weeks ago, I guess my blonde roots still show sometimes.  ;) 

This week during personal study, I was reading from Alma Chapter 26.  This might have to be my favorite chapter in the Book of Mormon (but then again I say that for every chapter I really like).  This chapter is the words of Ammon (who was one of the greatest missionaries ever) basically giving a recap of his mission.  I like it so much because I find it to be a guide on how to have a successful and happy mission (and life too ;) ).  I especially love the verse that says, “Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things…”  He also goes on to say, “Behold, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel.”  Let's be honest, I'm pretty awful sometimes at expressing my feelings in general, let alone through email, but let’s just say that I love being a missionary and I am happy!  Yep, that’s all. :) 

Well, I hope you all have a great week!!  Never forget how much I love you and that your Heavenly Father loves you so much more!!!! 

Con amor y ladrillos,


Hermana Bartholomew 

With our favorite recent convert, Lujan
Lujan is basically my Argentine big sister! 

No comments:

Post a Comment