Monday, February 13, 2017

Witness of God

February 13, 2017

Hola Familia y amigos! 

Another week has come and gone along with another month of my mission. That's right... 16 months down, 2 to go. :(  Don't worry, I'm not getting trunky or anything... but it is pretty darn hard to not think about how fast the time is flying when all day, every day the members and investigators remind me how I’m almost done.  UGH! Like stop... ;) please!  

Speaking of getting older in the mission, Hermana Davidson hit her halfway mark this week!!! WOW.  You know what that means... my first daughter, Hermana Ahlmer is now 9 months old too!!!! WHAT?!  Wow, they really grow up fast don't they? ;) 

So this week I got to go on divisions with Hermana Castillo in a small little town just south of Mar del Plata called Miramar.  It’s a cute beach front town, with lots of campo.  It doesn't have any stop lights if that tells you anything. ;) It’s super cute and calm though!  It took me back to the good old days in my first area, Villa Floresta, walking around on the dirt roads all day.  Good times.  

Hermana Castillo is so great!! She's from northern Argentina – a town called Tucuman and has been on her mission for 5 months.  We had lots of fun and walked a TON.  It’s really great to be a sister training leader and get to work with the other Hermanas here in our zone.  I've learned so much from her and from working in other areas. 

Celebrating 16 months in the mission with, you guessed it, ICE CREAM!

Bueno, this week we've been helping Gloria get ready for her baptism this coming Saturday!!!  Todo va bien!! :) She really is a miracle!  She may be 20 years old, but she is really just like a little girl on the inside, so sweet, innocent and shy!  Poor thing might have a heart attack on Saturday with all eyes on her. ;)  Please keep her in your prayers so that everything turns out well! 

Other than that my comp and I have been struggling to find more people to teach.  It really is so hard when you're doing all you can and the results just don’t seem to come.  But, as we know, the answer and results always DO come.  Last night, we had a mini correlation meeting with our new bishop and ward mission leader and they were able to tell us about quite a few incomplete families (meaning that not all the people in the family are members of the church).  We also talked about how to animate the members to give us references too.  I feel like there really are lots of people that are prepared here in Puerto (wow tot was a lot of P's) and I can't wait to keep finding them and working with the ward.  

I have been reading some of the talks from last general conference this week and loved Elder Anderson's talk called "Witness of God."  I invite you all to re-read it and really try to put what it says in practice.  We as missionaries NEED your help!!  I know it’s not always easy for us to share the gospel with our friends and family members but I also know that the gospel of Jesus Christ is the best thing that we have and the one thing that everyone needs in their life.  

In D y C 65:5 it says, “Call upon the Lord, that his kingdom may go forth upon the earth, that the inhabitants thereof may receive it, and be prepared for the days to come, in the which the Son of Man shall come down from heaven, clothed in the brightness of his glory, to meet the kingdom of God which is set up on the earth.

I hope you all make the effort to pray and seek inspiration about who you can share the gospel with, and to always be a witness of God.

Have a great week!

Con amor y helados, 


Hermana Bartholomew 

P.S. I got word from Hermana Quenta that Ludmila (Claudia's other daughter) was baptized on Saturday.  YAY!!!

Ludmila on her baptism day :)



No comments:

Post a Comment