Sunday, November 15, 2015

PAZ out MTC

November 14, 2015

HOLA HOLA HOLA!!  

Well my lovely family and friends.. this is it.  After today, the next time you all will hear from me I'll be closer to Antarctica than home.... just go ahead and let that sink in for a second.  Its weird I know.  BUT, its also the best feeling ever!

I can't believe that I'm actually leaving this place on Monday. It's been a long but enjoyable time here at the good old MTC.  Nothing new or exciting really happened this week, just a week full of a lot of lasts... 
  
Last time teaching our MTC “investigators”,

This is Yvette, one of the "investigators" we have been teaching for the past 6 weeks.
It's been so fun getting to know her and inviting her to come closer to Christ.
She's an AWESOME lady and we are going to miss her lots!

Last time being taught by our teachers Hermana Richards and Hermano Rowley,

Goodbye Hermano Rowley
Last time schooling the Elders in bball and last time getting schooled in four square ;),

Last time emailing in the USA for the next 18 months,

Emailing for the last time from the MTC.
Now for the real fun to begin...Peace out District 35 E

Last time eating the MTC food...hallelujah,

Last time being in the same classroom for 9 hours a day, 

The Elders get a bit tired during the last hour of the day...:)

Last time going to the temple for 18 months, 

Last time receiving packages from my amazing family and friends, 

Last time eating BYU creamery ice cream in the MTC :( ,

...you get the picture. 

These last 6 weeks have flown by!  I'm so grateful for the MTC and the people I've met and the things I've learned here.  We've had some good times and some hard times too but through it all we've had each other and the gospel to keep us going. I'm going to miss making piñatas, playing with yo-yos and mini footballs to de-stress, having ice cream eating competitions at dinner, seeing all my other elder/sister friends here, and mostly just being in Utah. 

Speaking of other sister friends...I found Sister Lant!  It's been fun seeing all my Elder friends from home but its been especially great having a girlfriend from home to talk to!  She's doing great and is already a cute little Asian with her Korean :)  Sad to have to leave her here but so glad I got to see her! 

I found Sister Lant!!! :)
SO HAPPY :)
As hard as its going to be to leave my companion, district and the country and state I've lived in my whole life... I'm so excited to go to Bahia Blanca and actually be able to help real people come to know their older brother and Savior.  The happiness of the message I have to share not only can provide us with happiness in this life but eternal joy in the next life.  I have thanked my Heavenly Father everyday of my life for the gift of the gospel in my life- Now its my responsibility to share this gift with the people of Argentina, and I don't want to let him down.   

During our time here at the MTC, an elder in my district came up with this quote that perfectly describes how we are all feeling right now.  

Care not about tomorrow, 
or the storms that it may bring.
For now you share a message fair,
He Lives, Our God and King. 

I know that these next 18 months in Argentina are not going to be easy, but I know they will be worth it.  Its hard to be away from family and friends but I know that I have family and friends down south who need me more right now.  Just know that I love and miss you all so much and keep you in my prayers everyday.  I cannot express my gratitude for the love and support you all have given me throughout my life and especially these last 6 weeks in the MTC.  I can't wait to see you all again and give you the biggest hugs ever in 16 & 1/2 months! Gracias por todo!!!   

Con mucho amor, and until next week from Bahia Blanca...

Hermana Bart :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment