Thursday, January 28, 2016

Rain, rain go away.... no wait, STAY!

January 28, 2016

Hola querida familia y amigos,

We had a very lovely, rainy week here in Bahía :) yay!  Oh man it was a much needed and appreciated break from the heat!  Now the only problem we have is trying not to slip and fall in all the mud puddles everywhere. ;)  But on the bright side, I haven't had to use sunscreen all week so... #countyourblessings ;)

This week was crazy as always, full of lessons with our investigators, less active members and creating new segments of Missionary Master Chef. ;)  Unfortunately, we are nearing the end of the month and we are running low on money.  So this next week is going to consist of a lot of grilled cheese, mac and cheese, and homemade mini corndogs (super yummy!!).  BUT, with the end of this particular month nearing, that also means that my old papi is adding another year to his life count, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!  Hope you all have fun celebrating - but not too much fun because I won't be there obviously. ;) 

Well, I'm running short on time this week.  Thanks for all the love, support, thoughts and prayers you all send my way.  I'm beyond blessed!!

I want to share a quick quote that my dear father shared with me at the beginning of my mission, 

Stick to your task ‘til it sticks to you;
Beginners are many, but enders are few.
Honor, power, place and praise
Will always come to the one who stays.
Stick to your task ‘til it sticks to you;
Bend at it, sweat at it, smile at it too;
For out of the bend and the sweat and the smile
Will come life’s victories after a while.

Even though we aren't seeing a ton of results from our work yet in the way of baptisms, I know that I am engaged in doing a great work here, and that we are helping our Heavenly Father’s children come closer to Him and our Savior.  We are sticking to our task…smiling and sweating all the way. ;)      

Hope you all have a great week!!  LOVE YOU ALL!

Hasta luego! 


Hermana Bartholomew

Pictures from this week:

The first two are from a lesson that Hermana Baird and I taught at Zone Conference on Christlike Attributes.


Faith, Hope, Charity, Virtue, Knowledge, Patience, Humility, Diligence, Obedience

I went to college...
How pretty is this college here in Bahia Blanca though, for real?!

Finally, the Missionary Master Chef creation of the week:
Fettuccini de Argentina - YUM :)

No comments:

Post a Comment