Thursday, February 4, 2016

The Struggle Bus...

February 4, 2016

Hola Familia y Amigos!

So to put it simply, this week was full of lots of "Megan moments" if you know what I mean. ;)  Let’s just say that Hermana Baird and I have been riding the struggle bus these past few days... 

It all started when we were just casually walking down the street to go visit some less active members in our ward.  All of the sudden, the ground that looked completely dry, turned into mud beneath my feet.  As you can see by the wonderful picture my companion took, of course while laughing at me, I was slipping and struggling for a while and got mud in lots of places before I got to the safety of the sidewalk. 

My mud skid marks on the side of the road
Mud baths are good for you, right? ;)

Then a few days later, we were crossing the street in front of this big delivery truck and when I made it to the other side, I realized my companion wasn't by my side.  I turned around to see that she had slipped right out of her shoe like Cinderella in the middle of the crosswalk... haha way to go!

Then, yesterday we had our zone meeting and Hermana Baird and I were asked to make the dessert.  We made a very delicious banana cake and planned to add a cream cheese frosting, but we couldn't find any powdered sugar in any store in our area.  So we had a missionary from another area, Elder Staples, bring it to the church so we could finish the frosting right before the meeting started.  We had melted some butter in a bowl and then my comp told me to put the little container of cream cheese in it.  Well, let’s just say it came out in one big clump and fell really fast, slashing the melted butter all over me. :\  GREAT…luckily I had my tide-to-go pen and got most of it to come out before the meeting started.  ;) 

And wait, just when you thought nothing else could go wrong, there’s more.  When we finished the meeting we went in the kitchen to start serving the cake, but everyone else was getting ready to take a zone picture and were yelling for us to come in the other room for the pic.  As we were quickly rounding the corner out of the kitchen, my feet slipped out from under me and I face planted in the hallway.  Hahaha - did you guys know that I'm a bit clumsy sometimes?  Luckily, only a couple of the missionaries saw it happen.  But everyone surely heard it and they were all super worried and confused, pero esta bien [but it’s all good], I didn't get a single bump or bruise. 

The Zone Picture
(after my face plant)

So yeah, this week was a bit rough for me.  I really am providing such great, free entertainment for the people of Argentina!  :)  It’s a good thing I can just laugh these fun experiences off, right?! ;) 

Anyway, we did actually manage to get a few lessons mixed in with our clumsy week.  We taught Jessica more in depth about the plan of salvation and really focused on the fact that with the blessing of the temples in our lives, we can have eternal families.  While Hna. Baird was bearing her testimony of the peace and happiness she has received from the knowledge that she can be with her family forever, she got chocked up and so did Jessica!  I quickly followed too (I know shocking, I'm a crier now).  I really felt the Spirit so strong testifying to me in that moment that families really can be together forever.  I'm so grateful for my family and the knowledge that one day I can have my own eternal family as well.  

Our Heavenly Father has so many blessings in store for us and really wants nothing more than our happiness.  If we want all that He has for us, we have to make the decision to follow His Son and do the things He has asked of us every day. 

I love you all and hope you have a great week!  Hopefully I gave you all a good laugh to get through the next week! 

All my love from the flip side of the equator, 

Hermana Bartholomew 


P.S.  Just a heads up...transfers are this weekend so if you could all pray extra hard that Hermana Baird and I can stay together in Villa Floresta, that would be great ;)  Thanks! Chao!

Thanks again to Dad for having a B-day and giving me a legit excuse to eat cake and ice cream.
Happy Birthday Dad!

Missionary Master Chef Photo of the Week:
All from one potato!



No comments:

Post a Comment