Monday, February 6, 2017

Storms

February 6, 2017

Hey Family! 

Well we had another crazy week here in Puerto!  More than anything for the weather.  This place is so bipolar! We've had some really hot days followed by some crazy windy ones along with rainy storms.  

Rainy P-day with the fountain in el centro de Mar del Plata



Also to add to the madness, I had to travel to Bahia again this week for another leadership meeting.  I slept pretty well on the bus - I think I'm finally getting used to it ;).  

Stray dogs in the bus terminal bathroom ;)
Hermana Hurtado...my Bahia bus buddy :)
We are both sister training leaders here in MDP, so we get to work together...she's the best!!!

The best part of the meeting was that Hna Ahlmer just got called to be a new sister training leader so I got to see her and catch up on life!!  She said the closing prayer and it was so crazy to hear how well she speaks Spanish now!  It feels like just yesterday that she left me in Olavarria having just completed 4 months in the mission.  And now here she is training, and coming up on her half way mark!! TIME IS FLYING!! 

Mi hija is the newest hermana entrenadora!!!  :) Soooooo proud!!
With Hermana Darrington one last time...
When your mission best friend is dying :(

So this Saturday, some elders in our zone had a baptism. We invited Gloria and she was very excited to come.  We also invited Flavia and were bummed because Claudio was supposed to be out at sea fishing and wasn't going to be able to make it. (He leaves for like 5-10 days at a time, comes home for 1-2, and then leaves again. So we hadn't seen him for like at least 2 weeks.)  BUT, with all this crazy weather, they closed down the port for Saturday and Sunday and weren't letting any boats leave!  QUE MILAGRO NO?!  

So as we were waiting in the doorway of the chapel, we got a big surprise as Flavia and Claudio walked in!! They were so happy to be there and they both cried during the baptismal service. They really are so ready and so close to getting baptized!! I really hope they can finish the paperwork for their marriage soon!!! It was a very pretty baptism of a lady named Marcela that had been investigating the church off and on for about 11 years.  She said she could have gotten baptized in any moment in this last decade but that she knew God had a perfect time for her and it was now.   It brought me back sweet memories of Mayra and her conversion process.  It's so beautiful to see how God's timing works and prepares the people to be ready to make that important decision and covenant. 

I know I say this every week but I love being a missionary!! Just the fact that Heavenly Father knew that Claudio and Flavia needed to come to the baptism, so He made it so Claudio didn’t have to go back out to work until today (Monday) – it was such a tender mercy. :) 
Oh also, Elder Mardones and I played a piano and violin duet of Nearer My God to Thee for the baptism.  It brought back memories of the good old days playing with Jessica. :)  It’s been too long since I’ve accompanied someone…I really missed it!! 

Well I hope you have a great week!! Thanks for all your love and support!  You guys are the best! 

Con amor y lluvia, 


Hermana Bartholomew 

Photos from the baptism of Claudia and her family.  Also, Claudia's other daughter, Ludmilda, is getting baptized this next weekend!!!

Francisco, Claudia and Yael

With Hermana Quenta and her new companion
Other random photos:


Last week on p-day we went to a cool photography museum

Hey dad - I have a better idea for your sourdough waffle truck! ;)
Too bad it wasn't open so I could try the food.
An Argentine-sized fly! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment