Monday, February 20, 2017

GLORIA!!!

February 20, 2017

Hoooollaaaa familia! 

Well this week I just wanted to sing a Christmas song to you all..... Gloo-oooo-ooo-oooo-oooo-ria, Gloria se bautizó; Gloooo-ooooo-ooooo--oooo-ria, yo estoy muy feliz :) hahaha!! ;) 

GLORIA GOT BAPTIZED!!! Yay!  So I don’t really know what to say about all this... haha.  Saturday Gloria came to the church at like 5pm, we helped her get ready, took some pics, had the program - my comp and I sang "Teach me to Walk in the Light" for a special musical number - she got baptized, and on Sunday she was confirmed!  Haha I’m awful at this story telling thing. ;) 

Gloria!!!

Getting Gloria ready for her big day

Hair Salon in the Church Restroom :)

But really, everything went well!  Gloria's mom, sister and two nieces were able to come the baptism service, along with her dad who is a recent convert from another ward in our stake.  

Gloria's Family - Sister, Mom, Nieces, and Dad

The cutest thing that happened was after the baptism.  I asked Gloria how she felt and she was like, "Eh, normal.  I guess I didn't have any crazy demons in me...." 😂  That's Gloria for you!  She really is such a sweet, innocent, pure girl and even though she wasn't in dire need of becoming clean from sin, she showed her faith in God and willingness to be obedient in following the example of our brother Jesus Christ and was baptized.  She has really opened up and changed lots these last few months and we are so happy to have her be part of our big family - here in barrio Puerto and in the church worldwide.  This girl was so prepared by our Heavenly Father and we are so grateful that we were able to play a small part in her conversion.  

Eternal Friends


YAY FOR GLORIA!!! 

Other than that we've just been super busy trying to find new investigators, still.  

Today for P-day, we had a man who is an investigator being taught by the Elders here in our district, take us in his truck to a cool ocean lookout and then made us asado for lunch.  It was beautiful!  Today it’s like 90 degrees out, so after I finish writing ya'll, I’m probably going to cool off with some ice cream, like always, before heading back out to work.  

I hope you all have a great week and know how much I love you!!!! 

Con mucho amor y vistas del mar, 

Hermana Bartholomew 

Pictures from today's P-day adventure:
Piled in the back of a truck!

Ocean Lookout - So Pretty!!























Asado de cerdo - YUM!







No comments:

Post a Comment