Wednesday, May 18, 2016

We Bought a Zoo!

May 16, 2016

Haha not really, but I wanted too!  Who knew that the zoos in Argentina would be so pretty and fun?!  Not me!

HOLLLLAAAAA mi hermosa familia!!!!!! I seriously am so so happy and glad that I got to talk to you all yesterday!!  It may have been a week late but it was so good to see your happy faces and the have the chance to practice my English with you all. ;) 

SKYPE!!



We had another good week here in Olavarrìa!  It was a little rough with some of our investigators because we have a couple couples that don't want to get married at the moment, so thats been a challenge... but it’s all good!  Just gotta keep praying and teaching and having faith that they'll come around. 

So last p-day after writing home, our zone went to the zoo!!! Oh man it was so fun!  It's more of like a park with lots of trees and little dirt pathways with random animal cages along the way. :) But honestly, it was gorgeous!  As you'll see in the pictures, its autumn here so all the colorful leaves were falling and crunchy and it just made for a beautiful day!  We got to see lots of animals, the favorites of which were obviously the llamas and monkeys. :)  I seriously felt like a little kid again and have no shame whatsoever.  Hope you all enjoy the photos. ;) 

The world's prettiest ZOO!

Llama Selfie with our llama sweaters

A llama, a panda, and a monkey! :)

Just hanging out at the zoo

Monkey see...monkey do...climbing the trees at the zoo


Who knew we would find Rudolph in Argentina?

The world's biggest rodent...capibera
Zone empanada picnic at the zoo.

Crazy for empanadas!!!!

Well, I don’t have much more to report to ya'll... it was a pretty chill and chilly week! 
Haha my poor companion has to put up with me wanting to sing and listen to Christmas music because it’s getting cold outside and for me, the cold means that Christmas is coming.... it’s a rough life I live on the flip side of the Equator right now. ;) 

My cute companion - Hermana Cardenas

Before I go, I just want to share a cool experience we had with our Catholic investigator Raquel.  She was telling us how a friend had asked her what she does when the electricity goes out (I don’t remember how to phrase that in English...like when the power is out? Haha, no sè).  And she said "Estoy mejor que nunca!"  "I'm better than ever! Because I can light a candle, recite my prayers and Jesus is with me."  Even though we have differences in religion at the moment, I really learned a lot from her example.  How often when things go wrong - whether in a temporal sense, like when have no power, or spiritual - during whatever trial we may have, how often do we look at the positive side that opportunity presents us to pray and give thanks for all that we have?  

I’m so grateful for the love and support you all give me and please know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers.  Love and miss you all and hope you have a great week!! 

Love,


Hermana Bartholomew

No comments:

Post a Comment