Monday, May 30, 2016

Jesus es Mi Luz

May 30, 2016
Hola Familia!!!
This week I decided that I'm an adult and can make my own impulse decisions, so I chopped my hair again.  ;)  It was driving me crazy so we called the stake young women's president and got rid of half of my mop of hair this morning… :) I love it!!
SURPRISE!
Getting ready to be chopped!

Feels so good!

Also, even better than getting my hair cut - I’m so so sooooooo happy!!! I received your package from home this week!!!!  It got here so quick!!! Well it helped that our zone leaders had to go to Bahìa and were able to bring it back with them... but yeah.... THANK YOUUUUUUUU!!!
Nothing better than a package from home!
Pure Joy
New Sandals for Next Summer 
Out with the old...in with the New
These are going to help out so much
But all of that is completely irrelavent (so sorry I don't know how to spell in English anymore), onto more important things like missionary work.
Sadly, none of our investigators made it to church this week but we're staying positive and doing our best to help them all see the importance of keeping the Sabbath day holy and showing God our willingness to obey his commandments. 
This week has been absolutely crazy to tell you the truth. First, we had a bit of a humidity problem in our house so the owners had to do a bit of home renovations this week.  As a result, we've been living in a layer of dust and breathing in the scent of new paint all week.  And second, on top of all the house craziness, we had an extra body living with us.  Hermana Robertson had to stay with us all week while her companion Hna Wilkinson traveled to Bahia to do tramites.  So yeah, it was a bit crazy to say the least but we had fun and survived and that's all you can ask right??  
Well, that's about it for this week.  Sorry to be so short.  Please keep Elvira in your prayers so that she can be able to be baptized this next month.  I thank my lucky stars and Heavenly Father everyday for all the love, prayers and support you all give me and just want to say THANK YOU and I LOVE YOU!!!!
President Monson said, "If you want to give a light to others, you have to glow yourself.”  Through this week of cold, rainy weather, my companion and I have decided to smile and share with others the most important thing in our lives with joy.  
Rainy day outside my favorite panaderia [bakery]
I absolutely LOVE Hna Cardenas


We need to remember to be happy ourselves in order to be an example to those around us and make them feel the desire to learn more and want the same happiness we have.  Like me favorite hymn in Spanish says, “Jesus es mi luz!!!” [Jesus is my light!!!]
I love and miss you all and hope you have a fantastic first week of summer!!  Just know that I'm freezing down here, but am happy for you all. ;) 
Hasta luego! 
Jesus es mi luz!!

Hermana Bartholomew


Missionary Master Chef for this week – Birthday cookies for our Zone Leader, Elder Jolley.  


Happy Birthday Elder Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment