Monday, July 25, 2016

I've Hit My Mid-Mission Crisis

July 25, 2016
Hola Familia y Amigos,
This week was by far the longest and craziest of my entire mission (and probably of my life to be honest J).
It all started with last p-day when we found out we would have to travel to Bahìa to have my comp do her tramites.  Before we left, we had a scavenger hunt activity planned with our entire zone that took up almost all our time.  
Just for you Dad :)
Part of our scavenger hunt with a famous Romulos y Remus Statue
Monument to the Mother
Oh Argentina...look at her eyes :)

My new best friend
(stray dog number 3,098,887 that I've seen in my 9 months here)



Then, right before heading to the bus terminal, we had to go and say goodbye to my favorite convert Mayra (I can honestly say that because to-date she's my only one 😉).  Familia Garcia is moving back to the south of Argentina for work.  It wasn't a fun goodbye, but I am just so beyond grateful for the chance that I had to watch two members of their family enter into the waters of baptism and help them get started on their journey towards being sealed as a family in the temple.  They will forever have a special place in my heart and I will never forget the time we had together. 
Goodbyes are NEVER FUN :(


After saying our goodbyes, we headed to Bahìa for what we thought was going to be a quick 24 hour trip…only to find out that we would have to be there until Thursday night.  Great....
The good news is we got to stay with my mission bestie Hermana Darrington and her hija (trainee) Hermana Torres for the week.  We ended up going on a bunch of splits and divisions back in my old stomping grounds of Bahìa.
Unexpected week-long trips to Bahia are fun, right?
When the children are asleep...
...Hermana Darrington and I made them pancakes.
 #bestmomaward

The bad news is that we didn't know that we would be gone all week and didn't bring enough clothes, and on top of that... I forgot my toothbrush.  So, yeah it was a fun week to say the least. 
On Thursday night, we were soooo tired and finally headed to the bus terminal to go home. Even though we were sitting right there and waiting and watching, somehow we missed our bus.  
when you miss your bus...
So we had to call the office Elders and buy new tickets for a couple hours later.  We finally made it back to good old Olavarrìa at 2:30am.  Haha, you never really realize how much you miss and love your area until you can't be in it for almost a whole week.
To add to the challenges of the week, we received news from our investigator Tamara that she and Matias decided to get separated and she moved back to Buenos Aires without getting the chance to say goodbye.  And then to top things off, Marcelo canceled our appointment that we had with him and didn't make it to church either. 
But just wait, it gets better.... my companion was washing the dishes in the kitchen on Friday night as I was finishing up some laundry and when I came into the kitchen I nearly slipped and died from falling in a huge puddle of water.  We discovered that our sink drain had a broken screw and had detached from the pipes and was quickly flooding our kitchen.  So that was a fun mess to clean up. :/
When you flood your house...
its for fun ;) #sendhelp

Other than all that, life is good. :)  It has been a bit crazy and hard to be out of our area all week.  We've got lots and lots to catch up on and are just a bit stressed, but we remain energized and excited as ever to brave the cold Argentine weather and save some souls. :)
I love what our sweet prophet taught us last General Conference when he said, "May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong.... As we contemplate the decisions we make in our lives each day - whether to make this choice or that choice - if we choose Christ, we will have made the correct choice." 
Wishing you all a happy week full of good choice making. ;)
Love and miss you all!!
Con amor y manteca,

Hermana Bartholomew

Live action pictures from the Cyber (internet cafe) today.  This is where we e-mail every week.  #welovePday




No comments:

Post a Comment