Monday, December 12, 2016

Let's go to the BEACH

December 12, 2016

Hoooollaaa familia y amigos!! 

It officially feels like summer because my new area is on the BEACH! Haha.  Sadly, Mar del Plata is a super touristy city- especially during summer- and as missionaries we aren't allowed to go to the beach.  But, we see it from a distance almost every day, so it's better than nothing. :) 


La Playa - my first view of the beach on my taxi ride to the apartment
First sunset in Mar del Plata from our 4th floor apartment

Haha I feel like I’m going to be singing "Mele Kalikimaka" instead of "White Christmas" this December.  Am I really still in Argentina??  This area is SO different from good old Olavarria and Bahia Blanca. 

My new companion, Hna Davidson, is from Tooele, Utah and has been on her mission for 7 months, and has been in this area for 6 weeks.  It feels so good to be with someone who knows what they're doing and not have to be training.  I never realized how stressful having hijas is until I got a break. ;)  But yeah, we get along great and work well together.  

Hermana Davidson
Trying to take a cute, new comp pic together...

Our area is pretty big - with one neighborhood that's super rich called Playa Grande.  Like we're talking MANSIONS...but the other half is tranquillo and the people are nice.  

My companion has made me start running with her...never thought I was soooo out of shape ;)
We run along a golf course down to this beach overlook area every morning.

Morning runners - don't mind our sweaty and tired faces...it was 6:30 AM ;)

Marina of Mar del Plata

We have quite a few good and new investigators that we are working with, apart from always looking for new ones.  One couple, Flavia and Claudio are super great!! They are planning on getting married in the next couple months so they can get baptized. :)  Also, we are teaching a young girl named Gloria.  She’s the daughter of a recent convert from another ward here in our stake.  So we'll see where things go with them. 

That's about it for this week.  I'm just super happy and excited to have a new area to work in and even more excited because CHRISTMAS IS IN 2 WEEKS!!!!! AHHHH I can't even wait to see my cute fam bam!  Hope you guys are enjoying the snow and getting all ready for the best time of year.  While you drink hot coco these next couple weeks just think of how much sun screen I'm applying everyday and enjoy the cold for me. ;) 

The church is true, the playa is blue, and I hope you have a great week too!!!! :) 

Con mucho amor y sol, 


Hermana Bartholomew  

Hasta la proxima semana

No comments:

Post a Comment