Monday, December 5, 2016

Chao Olavarria :(

December 5, 2016
Hola Familia y Amigos,
Well, after a short 9 months, the moment has arrived to leave my beloved Olavarria.  
Hmm...what is that on the ground??
I'm MOVING!
Tomorrow at 3:15am, I'm headed to Mar del Plata (the silver sea haha) which is a super touristy place on the BEACH.  Weird.  I'm going to be smelling fish and seeing sand in less than 24 hours.... HERE WE GO!!  My next companion's name is Hermana Davidson and she's from Utah too (not sure what part).  But fun fact for you all is that she was Hna Ahlmer's companion in the Missionary Training Center.  Ha-ha, such a small world!  The truth is that it still hasn’t really hit me that I’m leaving…but I’m sure that it will all hit tomorrow when I get off the bus on the playa. :)
The truth is that I've been thinking lots these last few days about how crazy these last 9 months have been here in Olavarria.  And to be honest, I don't really have words to describe how I feel - but I did take a picture with one of the many inspirational mural quotes here in Olavarria that I think sums up what I feel in this moment. 
Everything seems impossible until you do it
"Todo parece imposible hasta que se hace" - Nelson Mandela
If someone had told me 9 months ago when I got to Olavarria that I would complete 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, and almost 14 months in the mission here; that I would meet my favorite Mexicana; that I would train two hijas - one from my hometown and the other from Tacna, Peru...let's be honest, I probably wouldn't have believed you. 
Hermana Quenta and her cute sunhat that she wears EVERYWHERE!
I'm going to miss this crazy Peruvian hija of mine ;)
Yet, here I am. 
These last 9 months I have learned so much from each companion, each investigator, each member, each missionary and so much about myself.   I know that Heavenly Father has a perfect plan for me and all the people that he has put in my path here in Olavarria.  My life will forever be blessed by meeting Lujan y Joaquin, the Familia Garcia, Alberto y Angelica, Claudia, Yael y Francisco, and many, MANY others.  I'm going to miss the church members in Barrio Mariano Moreno with my whole heart and right leg.  They truly are the greatest!  The Lord has blessed me with a very large Argentine family and I will forever be grateful for the chance to serve here. 
Bishop Paez and his family...I'm really going to miss this ward

Saying goodbye to Alberto and Angelica

Gabriela - been working to get her back to church for a long 9 months

Hilda and Laura...I'm going to miss laughing with these two

Maria - my Argentine grandma
(reminds me lots of gma Barbs :))
 More pictures with members from Barrio Mariano Moreno - my Argentine family:








Estella (and her husband Carlos) was my neighbor these last 9 months
We have lived behind them (they own our apartment)
I'm really going to miss MY house, MY city...just a little jealous and overprotective here ;)

That being said, I'm so excited for the new adventure that awaits me...
Until next week from the beach,
Keep on keepin’ on!
Con amor y arena,

Hermana Bartholomew 

No comments:

Post a Comment