Monday, March 27, 2017

Menos Piojos

March 27, 2017

¡Hola Familia!

¿Cómo están todos?

Bueno, this week FLEW by!
My comp and I have gone crazy this week, boiling all our clothes, deep cleaning the house and doing 50 different lice removal hair treatments.  The good news is we are finally lice free!!! Well for now it looks like we are good…BUT we're going to keep checking these next few weeks!  :)

 
Lice Stew...boiling all of our clothes is super fun!

This week we had zone conference with both the zones here in Mar del Plata and I got to see my 2nd hija- Hna Quenta!!!  Oh I just love my little Peruvian.  She's doing well – she just completed 7 months in the mission!!!!  Aww J (proud mom).  It was so fun to see her again, even though I hate goodbyes.  :(

Reunida con la hijita!!!



Anyway so the day after zone conferences we had interviews with President Cifuentes.  That morning, he invited a bunch of missionaries to go running with him in the park and my comp and I got picked!  Haha…let’s just say it’s been a little while since I've been running and I've been sore all week!  My comp and I came in last but it’s all good, we had fun anyways.  :)

This weekend we had another capilla abierta and this time Hnas Estrada and Davidson (my old comp) came!  So we had a fun sleepover with them and the capilla abierta went very well.

On Sunday, my comp and I did a musical number in church with two 10-year-old girls from our ward.  We did an acapella mash-up of "I Feel My Savior's Love" and "I Know that My Redeemer Lives."  Let me tell ya, we had the whole ward crying. ;) Haha just kidding, but it turned out very well and brought a special spirit to the meeting.

Johnny is progressing well.  He really has opened up a lot these last couple weeks and is more willing to accept what the Book of Mormon says.  For example, when before all he wanted to hear was the Bible, but little by little he has realized that the Book of Mormon is ANOTHER Testament of Jesus Christ, and teaches the fullness of His gospel.  Johnny has such a big desire to learn and grow spiritually - it's awesome!

Our English class is going well!  There's a family in our ward that lived in Utah for 12 years so their sons speak perfect English and it’s so fun to chat with them. 

We also got our hot water problem fixed so we no longer have to bathe ourselves with buckets and pitchers.  :)  I'm still in denial that I only have 2 weeks left of my mission but I'm just trying to enjoy every second of it!  

I can't believe that this weekend is general conference already!!!  I'm so excited!  :)

“I leave with you my witness and testimony that God our Eternal Father lives and loves us.  He is indeed our Father, and He is personal and real.  May we realize how close to us He is willing to come, how far He is willing to go to help us, and how much He loves us." 
- President Thomas S. Monson

I add my testimony to President Monson's that God really does love us and wants to help us.  One of the ways he has chosen to help us is by giving us latter-day prophets that receive inspiration and guidance from God to be able to tell us what He wants for us and from us in order to be happy.

I hope you all enjoy your general conference weekend and can feel of Heavenly Father's love for you every day.  

Have a great week!

Con amor y menos piajos,

Hermana Bartholomew

Pictures from last week's P-day adventures:






 And sometimes we play with our food...


#nevergrowup


No comments:

Post a Comment