Monday, June 13, 2016

I'm made for Utah weather

June 13, 2016

HOLA FAMILIA Y AMIGOS!!! 

Guys.... IT’S FREEZING HERE!!!  Haha don't get me wrong, I prefer to be cold rather than sweating to death but this whole "humid cold" thing, I just can't get used to it.  Let’s just say I miss the dry heat and dry cold of good old Utah!!!!  Luckily, we've had lots of people to visit and teach this week so we haven't had to be stuck out in the cold walking around and contacting so much. 

The cold never bothered us anyway...;)


This week I completed 8 months in the mission and today my comp completes 10.... it’s a bit nuts!!!  We seriously have no clue where the time went!  Transfers are this coming Saturday and we are just hoping and praying that we can stay together one transfer more!! 

We've got our hands quite full with lots of different investigators including 5 couples that aren't married.... so that’s basically our challenge in the moment - trying to help these people learn and gain a testimony that this is the true church so that they will see the need and feel the desires to get married so that they can get baptized!  Don’t ask me why no one in freaking Argentina seems to be married, it just gives me a headache! J

One of the unmarried people that we are teaching is named Gonzalo.  He's 18 (but looks like he's 23) and he and his girlfriend just had their first baby like 1 week ago.  Cool story - the night that Elvira called us to cancel her baptism (we were obviously super bummed, and still too shocked to cry) we kept walking and had a little bit of time before we had to be back home so we pushed on and felt we should knock on his door.  That was a very hard night, but because we kept going, something good came out of it and we were blessed to be able to find Gonzalo.  Even though he's not married and still has a long way to go before he can get baptized or anything, the important thing is that we found him and at least can start to plant the seed of the gospel in his life.  

However, we do have a new investigator named Marcelo that is 34 and SINGLE! J So we're trying our best to work with him and help him progress.  We asked him if he had prayed about whether the Book of Mormon is the word of God and he said that he knows it is without any doubt.  He added, if not, we wouldn't be in his house teaching him again.  J  Now he's just got to come to know that our church is true so that he can join it and also stop doing his weird spiritual practices.  

Over the past few weeks we have been working a lot with some less active members.  Two of them came to church on Sunday!!!  One of them hadn't been to church in over 5 months, so it was a very good day! 

With one of the less active members that came to church on Sunday :)

 Funny story, Hna Cardenas and I found this spice packet thing for Pollo picante (spicy chicken).  Now if any of you know me, you know that I'm kind of a wimp with spicy foods and am not one to eat very much.  And obviously my comp is Mexican, and LOVES picante and is always talking about how the picante here is nothing compared to Mexico and that she hasn't tried anything here in Argentina that was really spicy for her.  Anyway, long story short, we gave it a try and let’s just say that I drank a good 3 glasses of water and had to use the bathroom lots that day, while my companion just sat there smiling and laughing.  According to her, it wasn't spicy at all.  Oh boy.... wish me luck if I ever go to Mexico someday to visit her! 😂

Sorry I don't have much else to say, just a normal and very cold week here in Olavarría! J 

I love and miss you all, and hope you have a great week!!

Also, a Happy early Father's Day shout out to Papa Bart, I LOVE YOU!!! 

Hasta luego, 

Hermana Bartholomew 

Another SELFIE that I took with Hermana Cardenas' camera...haha she loves me ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment