Tuesday, June 21, 2016

What to expect when you're expecting...

June 21, 2016

HOLA FAMILIA!!! 

So as you can tell, P-day got moved to Tuesday for this week due to transfers.... and as you have probably guessed by my email title.... I’M GOING TO BE A MOM!!!!!!! AHHHH!!!  Today, I head to Bahía Blanca to pick up MY HIJA!!!!!  Oh boy... let's be honest, I'm freaking out. :)  But at the same time I'm oh so excited!!  That being said, to any and every returned missionary out there that has had to train a newbie - any and every piece of advice you can give will be much appreciated!! THANKS. 

Getting the house all ready for my new companion.
[The sign says "Little daughter, welcome to the best mission in the world Bahia Blanca Argentina
with much love, your mom Hermana Bartholomew
]

On the down side of this change, my dear Hermanita Cardenas is leaving me a devastating 10 days before her birthday. :(  We were so excited to celebrate together, but I suppose the Lord has got bigger and better plans for us right now.  I'm so, so, grateful for the time I had with her though.  She really is the greatest and I'm super excited to go visit my little Mexicana someday. :) 


Packing up Hermana Cardenas

The last time playing with my comp's beautiful hair :)

At the bus terminal in Olavarria

Saying goodbye is never easy

We had super good luck this week because there was a leadership meeting in Bahia, so our zone leaders had to go into the mission office…and the package you sent with the doctor from New York was already there!  THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!  Literally the best surprise ever!!!  I love it all!!!!!!!!  You guys rock!!!!! 

Package from home
Missionary Master Chef!!!


So yeah, with transfers, this week has been a bit crazy.  But before I go I want to tell you about one of our investigators named Angelica.  

Angelica is the girlfriend of one of the recent converts here in our area named Alberto.  Alberto got baptized the weekend before I got transferred here to Olavarría, and ever since he's been very faithful in coming to church every week with his noviacita [girlfriend] Angelica.  She's Catholic, and at first was super closed off to us and the Church.  She only came just came to accompany Alberto.  However, over these past few months, she's started having more and more interest in the Church.  Little by little we have helped her learn how to pray; we gave her her own Book of Mormon (she always was very curious and wanting to read Alberto's but he didn't want her to lose his place haha); and now she's participating in the lessons and in Gospel Principles class at church every week.  On Sunday, she shared her feelings with the class about how good she feels every time she comes to our church and that she knows that this is the right path to take and that Alberto is going to baptize her! :)  The only problem is that they have been living together and need to get married first.  After we take care of that little detail, Alberto can receive the priesthood, and then he can baptize Angelica so she can become a member too! :)  

At church with Alberto y Angelica
It has been so amazing to see the change that the gospel has made slowly but surely in Angelica’s life.  I know this Church is true and that it brings a happiness and peace that cannot be found anywhere else.  

President Hinckley said, "It will be a great day when our people not only pray for the missionaries throughout the world, but ask the Lord to help them to assist the missionaries who are laboring in their own [area]."  

I am beyond grateful for all the prayers and support you all constantly are sending my way!  But this week, I want to challenge you all to not only pray for the safety and protection of the missionaries in the world, but also pray to be able to help the missionary work in your own city or town!!  I never understood the true importance of helping the missionaries before my mission but now I know that the work is 100 times easier and more efficient when the member and missionaries work together.  Please take the time to prayerfully consider all the people in your life and ask your Heavenly Father for help and guidance to know which of His children YOU can help bring back to him.  

Wishing you all a fantastic week!

Con mucho amor, 

(a very nervous and excited) 

Hermana Bartholomew 

Pictures from this week:



Fun winter time animal socks!

Olavarria at night from the balcony of Familia Garcia's Apartment

Olavarria, Argentina

I'm going to miss my little Mexicana

La Familia Garcia

Princess Sofia Garcia




No comments:

Post a Comment