Monday, October 17, 2016

Happy (Argentine) Mother's Day!!

October 17, 2016

Hola Familia y amigos!! 

I hope you all had a great mother's day yesterday!!  Oh wait...it’s October and you guys are in the USA, so it wasn't Mother's Day. J  Well, fun fact for you all…Argentina likes to be different from the rest of the world and celebrates mother's day in October.  Weird right?!  I'm not complaining though because the men from our ward put on a dinner for women on Saturday night, and Claudia and Angelica went.  Since they are our investigators, we got to go too!! :) 


With Claudia and Francisco at Mother's Day dinner
Francisco said he came to help the men cook ;)
Really - I think he just wanted to eat ;)
With Sonia Paez - one of my favorite ladies here in the ward.
She helps us out sooo much and is so great!!!

Cute Alberto came to help the men cook and serve

Mother's Day Dinner

Decorations for the dinner

My companion and I made little Mother's Day cards for all of the women here in our ward.  I wrote a poem in Spanish on the back...are you proud of me? ;)  

Cards for the hnas in our ward

The Poem:

De nuestras mamas estamos lejos,
y a veces extrañamos sus consejos.
Por suerte hay muchas mamas en este barrio
que nos ayudan a diario.
Gracias por su apoyo y amor,
Le deseamos lo mejor!


Cute right?? ;)

This week has been a bit crazy....I got my first sunburn of the summer!!!  Wahoo!! Haha it wasn't that bad, just a little on my neck because it was SO hot...but then it rained buckets the rest of the week and got chilly again.  You’ve gotta love spring!!  As a result of the bipolar weather, I have decided to start listening to Christmas music already.  :) Haha sorry, not sorry!! I'm happy! :) 

So this week we've been working lots with Claudia and her family and preparing them to get baptized in November.  Yael came on Friday to help decorate with the Young Women for the dinner for the moms, and Claudia came the next day and LOVED IT!  The next morning, Sunday, she woke up super sick and called us to say she wouldn't be able to come to church.  Poor thing!! Hopefully she's better for next week!  But they are seriously the greatest!!!  So, so prepared!  They've already adopted us and we have adopted them too. ;)  This last week was Francisco’s birthday and this week is Claudia’s so we've got lots of baking to do! 

Our little brother turned 10!!!  YAY :)

Birthday surprises for Fransisco

3 Birthday cakes makes a happy 10 year old
(He said he liked our cake best)

Claudia, Yael, y Fransisco


Maximiliano hasn't been answering his phone and hasn't made it to church these last few weeks... so we'll see what happens there.  

Angelica and Alberto are planning their wedding for December and Angelica seriously can't wait to get baptized!!  She asks us every day if she can get baptized yet!!  LOVE THEM!!! 

This weekend is transfers....duh, duh, duh....so we'll see if I'll finally leave Olavarrìa or if I’ll spend half of my mission here. ;)  Either way is fine with me!  Plus, I’m not going to have much time to think about it because this weekend we are having a chapel open house.  It’s a new program the church is doing to let people come and tour the chapel!  I'm super excited to see how it goes!  We have about 100 invitations to give out this week, so we’ve got to get to work!!!! 

I love you all and hope you have a great week!! 

Con amor y oreos,


Hermana Bartholomew 

Check out these cute mini Oreos with faces

I think I'm funny :)

Copying the Oreos

No comments:

Post a Comment