Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Siempre Listo

October 4, 2016
Hola Familia y Amigos!!!
Did you not all just LOVE general conference?!  I don't know what it is but conference is just different as a missionary and I LOVE IT!!!  I love how so many people talked about how much JOY and happiness is found with the knowledge of the gospel and the plan that God has for us, and how we need to SHARE IT!!!  
Conferencia General!!
(you can tell that an Elder took this foto)
Hear me out.... coming from a missionary, I can't tell you guys enough how important you are as members in missionary work.  WE NEED YOU.  I hope you all take the counsel we were given and turn to the Lord in prayer to find his lost sheep that are all around you and introduce them to the missionaries.  I promise it will not only change the life of that person, but yours as well.  It's changed mine - that's why I've been able to stick out this last year of ups and downs here in Argentina preaching the very things that make me the happiest!  Oh yeah.... that reminds me, I hit my YEAR mark this week.... where has the time gone?!?!
Okay so this week we witnessed a miracle.  We have two investigators that we have been planning to teach and invite to get baptized this last week but it didn't matter how many times we went to their houses or called them, there were NEVER home and never answered.  So we were super disappointed.  But, we received a reference from a member in our stake and we had a lesson with him on Thursday.  From the second we met him, I could tell he was special and was ready to accept the gospel in his life.  His name (technically his nickname) is Chavo and he is from a small town outside of Bahia Blanca.  He's 27 and is an orphan.  His mom died when he was super little and his dad abandoned him. 
Needless to say, Chavo has such a good spirit and wants nothing more than to follow Christ.  I had the impression to teach him the lesson we had been planning to teach the other investigators and at the end invite him to be baptized…and HE ACCEPTED!!!!!  He's going to be baptized on October 22nd :)  I'm so happy for this guy!!  I learned a very important lesson this week - that we always have to be prepared, because even though sometimes our appointments fall through or investigators choose to stop investigating the church, there's always someone out there who is ready. :)
I hope you all have a great week and partied lots yesterday to celebrate Hailey's b-day. :) I love you sis!!!  Miss and love you all LOTS!!!
Con amor y fechas bautismales,

Hermana Bartholomew 

Cute Gabriela goes to a painting class every week and recently completed this masterpiece!! :)

We got together with our entire Zone to watch General Conference
Next week is Hermana Cifuentes' Birthday, so we made a giant card and took this picture for her!
Happy Birthday Hermana Cifuentes!  We Love you!  The Olavarria Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment