Monday, November 28, 2016

Never be Weary of Good Works

November 28, 2016

Hola!!! 

Sorry we are writing a bit later today.  Today was a national holiday and we ran all over from cyber to cyber but nothing was open in our area, so we had to take a taxi to the Elder’s area to write.  I’m a bit upset and really hot.  (Why do bad things happen to good people?) :)   On the bright side, we celebrated Thanksgiving today by having a big meal together with our zone.

Thanksgiving with Zona Olavarria
Look what I ate today...it almost felt like the 24th of November ;)

When all the cybers are closed and you get bored...
Hermana Niz...love this chic


Well, I can tell when it's getting close to Christmas because things start to heat up down here in the southern hemisphere... Please pray for me, this is going to be a long summer, and in PANTS. :{  

So this week was good.  We had zone conference and stake conference this weekend and it was super great to hear from both our mission leaders and church leaders here in Olavarria.  

Zone Conference


I'm really learning so much on the mission about life and the plan that God has for us.  Our knowledge of His plan is truly priceless.  It’s really incredible how as we lose ourselves in the service of God by helping others, we really are the ones that benefit the most.  

As we are coming to the end of our month of 100 contacts, let’s just say that I’m tired. ;) Haha

Best idea ever...My comp thought I was listening to her practice teaching a lesson, but I was really getting a few more minutes of sleep in there...;)
Truly it hasn’t been easy, and at first I was a bit disappointed because we haven't received many new investigators from our efforts.  But as we know, the Lord works in mysterious ways and blesses us in ways we don't think he will sometimes.  The great miracle that he gave us this week was in the progress of Claudia and her family.  After working very diligently with them these last few months, we were finally able to help them set a baptismal date!!!!!  WAHOOO!!!! Claudia, Yael and Francisco are getting baptized on December 18!!! :)  YAY!!!! 

The only down side, is that this coming Sunday we will receive transfer calls.... and after spending half of my mission here in Olavarria, I have a strong feeling that my time here is coming to an end.  (Also, President told me this week that I’m getting transferred, I just don’t know where yet.)  So, I ask you all to please pray for Claudia and her family that they can stay strong in their decision even if (when) I have to go.  I know that they have received answers to their prayers, and I want nothing more than their happiness.  I am so grateful that my Heavenly Father gave me the marvelous chance to help them start their journey back to Him.  

This month the Church has a fantastic program coming to celebrate CHRISTMAS!!!  Oh boy I am so so excited for Christmas!!!!  I want to invite you all to go online and watch the video called Light the World on lds.org and really participate in every act of service you can this Christmas season.  If you don’t know what to do, the website has a countdown calendar with ideas of service for every day in December!

In Alma 37:33-34 it says, “Preach unto them repentance, and faith on the Lord Jesus Christ; teach them to humble themselves and to be meek and lowly in heart; teach them to withstand every temptation of the devil, with their faith on the Lord Jesus Christ.
Teach them to never be weary of good works, but to be meek and lowly in heart; for such shall find rest to their souls.

I just love that.  “NO CANSARSE DE HACER BUENAS OBRAS!!!” [Never be weary of good works!!!]  I promise that as you find simple ways to serve others during this Christmas season, you will find true joy in your holiday celebrations. 

Les amo mucho y espero que tengan una linda semana!!!  [I love you all very much and hope you have a beautiful week!!!]

Con amor y calor, 
(hey that rhymed) ;) 

Hermana Bartholomew 

Someone turned 3 months old in the mission...geez they grow up so fast...;)
Our cute friendship bracelets

No comments:

Post a Comment